Tag: Makeda (Keke) Smith
BMI often times host knowledge-base events for the general public totally free of charge and encourage those seeking to enter the music industry to maximize on these events by meeting and greeting some of the industries key movers and shakers as well as increasing ones knowledge of the business. BMI and MEISA (Music & Entertainment Industry Student Association - Georgia State University) hosted the most recent event in Atlanta, Georgia on February 18th, 2010 with number turnout.
The event’s facilitator/moderator was Catherine Brewton, VP Writer-Publisher Relations BMI and lists of the industry panelist were:
- Leotis Clyburn, Senior Director, Creative, EMI Music Publishing
- Kurt Denny, Clubhouse Productions
- Juan Madrid, VP Urban A&R, Warner Chappell
- KeKe Smith, EVP of Publishing and Production, 8th Grade Music Publishing & BME Recordings
- DJ Toomp, Super Producer/Zone Boy Productions (Kanye West, Jay-Z, T.I., Young Jeezy, Ludacris)
What is music publishing? Well, this podcast courtesy of “Authentik” and Scott Austin will provide a general overview of music publishing, however certainly there are books and web links dedicated to the topic.
This podcast is the property of Authentik and appreciative for allowing the community to share great music information. Please visit Authentik @ http://authentikartists.com/. Parties are not endorsers of YAYNOC RECORDS views.